The Sucevita Monastery, which celebrates God’s Resurection, was built in the last decades of the 16th century with the contribution of the entire aristrocrat Movila family.During the reign of Irimia Movila (1595-1606) the church is added the two porches in front on the north and the south sides, the insede towers and the church was painted inside and outside.
In the theme of the painting we find:
- the virtue ladder-a contrast between the order of the angels and the chaos of hell;
- all saints prayer;
- Iesei’s tree-based on the ancient philosophers;
- complete cycles of the lives of some saints: St. Ioan cel Nou, St. Nicolae, St. Gheorghe;
Here we also find the graves of the kings Ieremia and Simion Movila.
The Putna Monastery
The construction of the church began on the 10th of July 1466 after Chilia stronghold was conquered (1465) and it was finished in 1469, the hollowing ceremony taking place on the 3rd of September the same year. It celebrates the Assumption.
In 1473 began the construction of the Princely House, cells, the defense wall with its towers and the Treasure Tower and ended in 1481.
After entering under habsburg occupation in 1775, the monastery will suffer a series of exterior transformation by the extention of the north part, new cells were built (1852-1856), modifications of the roof’s shape of the church (1859), more complex transformation taking place in 1902 under the supervision of the Viennese architect K. A. Romstorfer.
The Voronet Monastery
The Voronet Monastery is situated in the village with the same name, 36 km from Suceava. It is one of the most valuable constructions of Stefan cel Mare, being Known for “the blue of Voronet” - considered by specialists unuque in the world and also known as the red of Rubens or the green of Veronese.
The church was built in 1488 in only four and a half months, which is a record for that period.
It is part of the few monuments of religious architecture in the north of Moldavia which preserves a great deal of its initial form.
The interior painting of the church is dated mostly during Stefan cel Mare and the exterior Painting is dated during the reign of Petru Rares .
The Bogdana Monastery
Built around 1360 by king Bogdan (1359-1365) as thanks to God for winning the battles for the constitution of the independent and free state of Moldavia, this holly place was to be a grave for him and his family.
In the church are buried the kings of Moldavia and the members of their families untill Alexandru cel Bun.
The first layer of painting is dated in the 14th century, from the time of Alexandru cel Bun.Alexandru Lapusneanu had the original painting remade in 1558.
In 1775 when Bucovina was occupied by the habsburgs, the monastery was closed ande reopened on the 6th of December 1992 when the restauration work began.
The Ceramic of Marginea
Marginea is a village in Suceava, in the north of Romania (Bucovina).
The ceramic from Marginea is already well known in the whole
world. In Marginea the beginning of pottery is established by the historians around 1500. It appeared as a necessity of the people to keep the obtained products. The pots made of burned loam contributed to the development of the primitive society through the possibility of keeping the food and prepairing it in them.
The Glazed Ceramic
The Glazed ceramic made in Marginea is of bizantin origin, known under the name of Kuty ceramic and it successfully takes part in markets and exhibitions next to Horezu ceramic and othet popular craftsmen such as Marcel Colibaba - the well known world wide craftsman with Kuty ceramic made in his workshops in Radauti.