• It is placed in the “Unirii”market and it was founded in 1952;
• It containes over 98.000 volumes, of which about 800 special collections, which go back in time until 1840.Many of them are written with Gothic characters and are about to be elaborated and put in a catalogue.
• It is structured in 5 sections: 1. loan for adults; 2. loan for children; 3. lecture room; 4. the foreign languages section; 5. the music and plastic arts section.
• The name of “Tudor Flondor”(composer, descendent of a patriotic aristrocrat family of Storojinet) was adopted in 1993, with the recomandation of the Minister of Culture.
• The organization of a documentation place dedicated to the writer Matei Visniec from Radauti is planned: ”Matei Visniec – a Romanian in Paris”.
The city House of Culture
• It was inaugurated in 1956, in the old building of the Teacher’s House.
• It containes a show hall of 500 seats, a cinema of 80 seats, repetition halls and classrooms for the Popular University (classes of generall culture and professional formation) and technical circles.
• Miss and Mister Spring, in March;
• The International Folklore Festival “Arcanul”, in the first week of July;
• The “Customs and Winter Traditions” Festival, in December, between Christmas and the New Year;
Amateur artistic bands who activate in the institution:
• The folklore band “Florile Bucovinei”, which takes part in competitions and festivals in the country and abroad;
• Theatre; pop music; individual singers.
• It is a construction which preserves the Moldavian style, clubs shaped, an important monument for Radauti and even for the entire Bucovina.
• 1923 - the field on which the construction was to be built, was hallowed.
• 1927 - began the work on the expenses of the Bucovina’s Metropolitan Church.
• The initial project was radically transformed by archbishop Mihail Pankowski, who controlled the work until 1940, when the Cross was set on top of the tower.
• It was painted by Iosif Keber, Gh. Teodorescu-Rominesti, I. Traflan and S. Hermineanu, after a plan made by university professor Victor Bratulescu.
• The altar screen comes from a church in Rapciuni, at the foot of Ceahlau, today a city under the waters of lake Bicaz.
• 2004, on Christmas and Easter, it houses concerts of religious music, in which take part orthodox,roman-catholic and greek-catholic believers.
The Center for studying Bucovina’s problems
• Public institution, founded on the 6th of September 1992 through a Decision of the Government of Romania;
• Activity object:the elaboration of national interest studies regarding the history and the culture of historical Bucovina;
• Functional activity sectors: history; literery history; etnography and folklore; nature sciences;
• Sectors still not covered: linguistics; economic complex studies; the history of arts and mentalities;
• Own periodical publication: ”The annals of Bucovina”, semestrial since 1994.
• Own research library. General fond of books and publications: 18.523 units of library, constituted by gained by transfer, acquisition and donations.
• It was inaugurated in 1999 and arranged in in the old “Nordic” restaurant, in the center of the town, across the Orthodox Cathedral.
• measures about 150 square meters and 25 metres of panels.
• On its panels have been also been exposed plastic arts works from public and private collections, which played an important role in the stimulation of the local artistic creation.
• In 2000, it hosted the great exhibition of the cultural project “The Summit of minorities”, achieved by the Museum in collaboration with the City Hall of Radauti and financed by the European Community.
• The exhibitions have been joined by book shows,poetry and concerts.
The Etnographic Museum “Samuil and Eugenia Ionet”
• It was founded in the 28th of June, by Samuil and Eugenia Ionet, teachers and Passionate collectors.
• It owns over 7000 pieces, of which about 1000 are exposed in the main exhibition.
• The pieces are organized in collections: picture and icons, wood, popular clothing, fabrics, metal, bone, leather, ceramic, old book and manuscript, popular jewelry, painted eggs, customs and musical instruments.
• It has 12 halls decorated with panels which have red and black cloth stuck on them, photos and documentary drawings and a hall for temporary exhibitions.
• The background tries to reconstitute the traditional atmosphere of the Bucovina’s craftsmen peasants.
• Founded in 1975
• It has an are of 2,19 hectares belongs to the public domain of the state.
• It shelters over 20 species of the local and exotic fauna.
• The only way the park enriches with new species is the barter-the babies obtained in captivity in Radauti are exchanged with babies from other zoo parks in the country.